About Bulldog & Wasp
So, why don’t we start with a little Q&A?
Q: Who are you?
A: Bulldog & Wasp is a micro clothing label specialising in classically inspired and hard to find men’s clothing. Our promise is to make clothes to the highest standards and sell them for a fair price. As for me, I‘ve been writing about great independent menswear retailers and craftsmen for years. It started out of a necessity. I could never find the clothes I wanted, when I wanted them, to the right level of quality and for a price I thought acceptable. A few years later, starting my own micro label seemed like the next natural step. And don’t worry, you can still read reviews of other great independent labels on Bulldog & Wasp’s blog, BespokeMe.
Q: What’s with the name Bulldog & Wasp?
A: Our inspiration comes from the rich mine of shared clothing history between Britain and our American cousins. When you think about it in those terms it makes a bit more sense. Bulldog is a tug of the forelock to my homeland, as in British Bulldog, and Wasp is an obvious nod to Ivy-league Americana. As I hope you’ll discover, we take the clothes seriously but not always ourselves.
Q: Clothes You Can Have Confidence In? Are you for real?
A: Damn straight. We’re serious, this philosophy is central to everything we do:
- Our clothes are timeless. Not suffering the vagaries of fashion they will last you year in year out.
- Our limited edition clothes are well made by professional craftspeople. No sweatshop labour.
- Our clothes sell for a fair price. No fat High Street or designer mark-ups.
- We think any man can look good in our clothes and we take the time to design them that way.
- Bulldog & Wasp’s clothes are made to be worn and we hope you’ll enjoy wearing them. We’re confident you will.
Andrew Williams, Esq.